I’m From the Future (IFTF), a Digital Optimization Agency based in Philadelphia, PA with specialization in Technical SEO, User Experience and Marketing Automation is looking for an experienced Web Developer with proficiency in WordPress.
This person must be creative at solving problems, familiar with WordPress’s core codebase, and ideally has some experience working in any of the more common/popular frameworks such as Genesis, Thesis, Underscores, Understrap, and/or Bootstrap.
As a part of our team, you’ll be able to thrive with a tight-knit group of creative thinkers and executors.
- Efficiently developing custom websites and functionality.
- Troubleshooting website issues as they arise.
- Coordinating with the Director of Technology, and other internal team members to execute on in-scope tasks for Client and Internal projects.
- Build web tools that are mobile first and accessible from the start
- Keep up on the latest trends and best practices in web development
- Provide consistent and comprehensive status updates/reports on status to PM.
- Be maniacal about the details.
- 2-3 years experience build websites in WordPress.
- Ability to extend existing functionality on front-end and back-end.
- Experience customizing WordPress Plugins (at a minimum troubleshooting 3rd party plugin bugs and/or conflicts)
- Extensive understanding of building and managing WordPress themes and the WordPress backend environment
- Web standards, design fundamentals, browser compatibility, known issues for all major browsers and operating systems
- Git or similar version control system
- Familiarity with popular frameworks (Foundation, Twitter Bootstrap, etc.)
- Dependable and task-oriented with proven track record of keeping deadlines
- Knowledge of the Agile development methodology a major plus
- Experience with developing Responsive Web Design
- Ability to work with web designers to turn static pages into working web pages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experienced in developing WordPress sites from the ground up, not just filling in a pre-made theme with content.
- Doesn’t use plugins when a simple hook in functions.php can be used
- PHP skills are a must obviously
- Develops with PageSpeed in mind
- Knows Bootstrap
- Knows SCSS
- Can effectively make awesome CSS effects
- Uses Github and archives religiously
- Must be able to match provided designs and program for responsiveness
- Must have trouble sleeping at night if something isn’t working correctly
Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary: $50,000 – $65,000 DOE
- Full [baller] health benefits
- 1 month PTO
- Flexible work schedule including work from home and remote
- Nerf gun of choice
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com